How do I become a member of UFOLKS?
Becoming a member of UFOLKS is incredibly easy. Because we are the Utah Chapter of a national organization (The Organization of American Kodály Educators), you simply need to register with OAKE and mark “UFOLKS” as your local chapter. To register with OAKE please visit their website.
You can also fill out the paperwork manually at any one of our workshops, and we would be happy to mail it in for you! Ask a board member at our next workshop!
Why should I become a member of UFOLKS?
OAKE Members enjoy many benefits with their membership including:
- The Kodály Envoy: A quarterly journal of articles, reviews, and informational items sent quarterly to all OAKE members with a subscription. Subscription to the Envoy is included in all membership levels except the free Student membership.
- Online Membership Directory: A searchable listing of OAKE members and their contact information.
- Annual OAKE National Conference: Each year a different division hosts our national conference. These inspiring, musical, and educational events are the highlight of the year! OAKE members are entitled to a reduced registration fee for the national conference.
- National Conference Choirs: OAKE members are entitled to submit their students to audition for the National Conference Choirs.
- Divisional Newsletters: Each of the four OAKE Divisions distributes an online newsletter containing articles, practical ideas, news, and information about their activities and their Chapters.
- Jenö Ádám Scholarship: Members may apply for scholarship for Kodály studies in the United States or abroad.
- OAKE Leaf Fund Awards: Financial support for charitable and educational purposes related to the Kodály philosophy.
- Publications: Members receive reduced prices on OAKE publications.
- Membership in Local Chapters: As a member of UFOLKS you will be offered lower registration rates to workshops, and you will be part of a community of educators seeking to fundamentally improve music education for all Utahns. Your registration fees to the national office also help fund our efforts to provide quality teacher training opportunities throughout the year.
- Voting Privileges and the Right to Hold Office: Active and retired OAKE members are eligible to vote and hold office.
- Lesson Plans: On line access to new lesson plans by outstanding Kodály-trained educators each year. (Coming soon to the new OAKE website)